• solemn vow; words of a solemn promise; curse
• an oath is a formal promise.
• an oath is also a swear-word; an old-fashioned use.
oath of allegiance
• solemn promise to remain loyal and true
breaking an oath
• break a pledge, cancel a vow, violate an oath
broke an oath
• canceled a pledge, made it unnecessary to fulfill a pledge
declared under oath
• stated under oath, testified, attested
• promise that one does not intend to keep
• physician's oath, pledge made by those about to begin medical practice which is based on the ideals and moral principles put forth by hippocrates
• the hippocratic oath is a solemn promise made by newly qualified doctors, saying that they will follow the standards set by their profession and try to save life.
make an oath
• swear, solemnly promise
• pledge of allegiance to the military, oath of loyalty to the military
• bound by a promise, sworn
• pledge which obligates a scout to his group
swear an oath
• take a vow, swear a testament
swearing an oath
• making a pledge, making a promise
take an oath
• swear, take a vow, pledge
taking an oath
• taking a pledge, swearing, promising
testified under oath• has sworn ...