• time; period of time; short time; few moments; effort
• spend time; pass time
• until (archaic)
• during, at the same time as; as long as; despite; if
• if one thing happens while another thing is happening, the two things happen at the same time.
• you also use while to introduce a clause which contrasts with the other part of the sentence.
• a while is a period of time.
• once in a while: see once.
• if you while away the time in a particular way, you spend time in that way because you are waiting for something or because you have nothing else to do.
• while talking, during the process of speaking
while there is still time
• right now, as soon as possible, while we still have a chance
while there's life, there's hope
• never give up; do not give up too quickly
while we're at it
• at the same time, since we're on the subject
a little while
• a short time; a few moments
all the while
• at the same time, at the same moment
every once in a while
• sometimes, from time to time, occasionally, every now and then
for a short while
• for a brief period, for a short time, temporarily
for a while
• for some time, during a certain period of time
in a while
• soon, in the near future, in a little bit
• long time, extended period of time
once in a while
• occasionally, now and then, from time to time ...