• large body of salt water; large lake; ocean; large wave
• pertaining to a sea, marine; intended for use at sea
• the sea is the salty water that covers much of the earth's surface.
• a sea is a large area of salty water. it can be part of an ocean or be surrounded by land.
• a sea of people or things is a very large number of them; a literary use.
• at sea means on or under the sea, far away from land.
• if someone is at sea or if they are all at sea, they are in a state of confusion.
• if you travel or send something by sea, you travel or you send it in a ship.
• the sea air is the air at the seaside, which is sometimes regarded as being good for people's health.
• drogue, device used to hold a ship in one place while at sea
• sea polyp with a gelatinous body and petal-like tentacles
• sea otter
• bathing in the sea or ocean
• seal with fur; white bear
• birds that dwell in or near the sea
• hardtack, hard biscuit (formerly eaten by sailors)
• closure or barricade built on the sea
• jellyfish (informal)
• rubber boots that extend high on the leg
• marine food fish similar to the freshwater bream; atlantic porgy
sea breeze• wind coming from the direction of the ...