• person canonized by the christian church for his holy qualities; extremely holy person, very righteous person
• recognize as a saint; canonize, add to the list of saints officially recognized by the christian church
• a saint is a dead person who is officially recognized and honoured by the christian church because his or her life was a perfect example of the way christians should live.
• if you describe someone as a saint, you mean that you think they are very kind, patient and unselfish.
• (340-397) citizen of rome who was a writer and composer of hymns who became the bishop of milan
• one of the 12 apostles of jesus
• (ad 354-430) catholic saint, bishop of hippo, one of the latin fathers; city in florida (usa), oldest city in the united states
• (672-735) english monk who was a theologian and historian known as "the venerable bede" (he introduced the method of dating history from the birth of christ)
• (480-547) italian monk who founded the benedictine order approximately in 540; small village in oregon (usa)
• large breed of dog (trained especially to rescue people from avalanches in the alps)
• bride, st. bride, brigid of ireland (451-523), irish holy woman and abbess, patron saint of ireland
saint clare of assisi
• (1194-1253) italian-born woman who found the order of franciscan nuns
saint denis• saint-denis is the capital of r?union and its largest city. population: 122,000 (1990). ...