• act of jogging or moving quickly; act of competing in a race or election; leakage, act of dripping
• moving or jogging quickly; fleeing, escaping; competing in a race or election; leaking, dripping
• running is the activity of running, especially as a sport.
• the running of an organization, company, and so on is the activity of managing or organizing it.
• you can also use running to describe things such as disputes that are continuous.
• you also use running to say that something happens repeatedly. for example, if something has happened every day for five days, you can say that it has happened for five days running, or that it has happened for the fifth day running .
• running water is flowing rather than standing still.
• see also run.
• if someone makes the running in a situation, they take the initiative or advantage because they are more active than the other people involved.
• if someone is in the running for something, they have a good chance of winning or obtaining it. if they are out of the running, they have no chance of winning or obtaining it.
• escaping, fleeing
• a running commentary is a detailed, continuous description of an event, especially a sporting event, that is spoken or broadcast while the event is taking place.
• expenses of regular daily activities
• the running costs of a company or an organization are the money it spends on day-to-day administration, rather than on expansion or development.
• being finished; being stopped, being arrested
running for mayor• is a candidate for the municipal head, competing ...