• agitated, tense, anxious, apprehensive; of or relating to the nerves
• if you are nervous, you are worried and frightened, and show this in your behaviour.
• a nervous person is very tense and easily upset.
• if you are nervous about something, you feel rather afraid or worried about it.
• a nervous illness or condition affects your mental state.
• emotional crisis
• a nervous breakdown is an illness in which someone suffers from deep depression and needs psychiatric treatment.
• disorder of the nervous system, disease of the nervous system
• gestures or motions made due to nervousness or agitation
• person who is easily excited, person who is easily upset
• network of cells that transmit nerve impulses throughout the body (to the brain, muscles, and organs)
• your nervous system is all the nerves in your body together with your brain and spinal cord, which control your movements and feelings.
• emotionally tense, restless, fearful
• if someone is a nervous wreck, they are extremely nervous or worried; an informal expression.
• became anxious, started to feel anxious
• starting to feel nervous, beginning to feel excited and upset
• became edgy
• cause someone to become nervous