• one who presides over court trials; one who chooses the winner in a contest, arbiter; expert, critic
• preside over a court trial and make decisions; rule, determine; criticize; assess; act as a judge
• a judge is the person in a court of law who decides how the law should be applied, for example how criminals should be punished.
• if someone is a good judge of something, they can understand it and make sensible decisions about it. if they are a bad judge of something, they often make the wrong decisions about it.
• if you judge someone or something, you form an opinion about them based on the evidence or information that you have.
• if you judge a competition, you decide who the winner is.
• a judge is also a person who chooses the winner of a competition.
• if you judge someone, you decide whether they are good or bad after you have observed their character or behaviour; used showing disapproval.
• military lawyer, military barrister
judge advocate general
• chief legal officer and advisor to a branch of the military
judge advocate general's office
• office of the head attorney for the military
judge as you would be judged
• do not judge a man until you have experienced what he has experienced
judge impeachment court
• (in japan) the diet's impeachment court
judge indictment committee
• (in japan) the diet's impeachment committee
judge not lest ye be judged
• one should never be critical of others because criticism always comes back on the one who criticises
judge not that ye be not judged• one should ...