• belonging to a specific male
• you use his to indicate that something belongs or relates to a man, boy, or male animal that has already been mentioned, or to refer to someone whose sex is not known or stated.
• you also use his in titles when you are referring to a man.
• his confederate, his partner
• his rage, his fury, his annoyance
his arm was amputated
• his arm was surgically removed
• his colleagues, his confederates, his partners; his friends
• his child; something that he is very attached to or interested in
his bark is worse than his bite
• he looks or sounds scarier than he really is
his beloved wife
• wife that he loved very much
• to the best of his ability, the most that he is capable of
his blood be on his own head
• he will be held accountable, he himself will be found guilty of his death
his brakes jammed
• his brakes stuck, his brakes failed, he was unable to stop the vehicle due to a brake failure
his career is finished
• his career is over, he will never work in this field again
his case was heard
• his case was brought before a judge
• early part of his life, period of time when he was a child
• person who studied in the same class with him ...