• honesty, fairness, justice; (economics) ownership of shareholders in a company
• equity is the quality of being fair and reasonable in a way that gives equal treatment to everyone.
• equity is the principle used in law which allows a fair judgement to be made in a case where the existing laws do not provide a reasonable answer to the problem; a legal use.
• if you have equities in a company, you have shares in that company whose rate of interest is not fixed; a technical term in economics.
• (economics) total financial means of a company (such as paid stocks, profits, capital funds, etc.)
• sum total of a business' debts to outside creditors
• principle that people of a similar economic status should be taxed equally (economics)
law of equity
• regulations that complement accepted laws
maxims of equity
• fundamental principles of an equity system
return on equity
• (economics) percentage of profits that were obtained from investment in a company's shares over a given period of time (measure the efficiency of the use of funds from shares)
• (economics) nickname for preferred stocks whose owners receive payouts before owners of regular stocks in the event of a company collapse
statement of stockholder`s equity
• review of the independent capital structure of a business and changes that took place in an accounting period (accounting)
vertical equity• principle that people of different economic statuses should be taxed at ...