• part of a person which distinguishes itself from others, the "i" part of the psyche
• your ego is your opinion of your own worth.
• an ego trip is an action or a series of actions that someone does for their own satisfaction and enjoyment, often one that shows that they think they are more important than other people.
• alternate personality, second personality
• your alter ego is the other side of your personality from the one which people normally see.
• an alter ego is a very close and intimate friend.
flattered his ego
• praised him, humored him
flattering one's ego
• cause one to feel important, give one a good feeling
• part of a man that is conscious of his environment; male conceit
• your super-ego is the part of your mind which makes you aware of what is right and wrong, and which causes you to feel guilt when you have done something wrong; a technical term in psychology.