• type of swimming bird; score of zero; sweetheart, love (term of endearment); bending over
• thrust under water, dunk, immerse; crouch, stoop, dodge
• a duck is a common water bird with short legs, webbed feet, and a large flat beak.
• duck refers to the meat of a duck when it is cooked and eaten.
• if you duck, you move your head quickly downwards to avoid something that is in your way or that is going to hit you, or to avoid being seen.
• if you duck into a place, you move there quickly, usually in order to escape danger.
• if you duck a responsibility or duty, you avoid it.
• see also lame duck, ducking.
• if you duck out of something that you are supposed to do, or if you duck out, you avoid doing it.
• platypus, duckbill platypus, australian mammal with a beak that resembles the bill of a duck
• having a beak like that of a duck
• boards placed for passing over wet or muddy surfaces
• hunting ducks
• having short legs, having legs resembling those of a duck
• like a duck, resembling a duck
• avoid an unpleasant task, shirk one's responsibility
• (slang) something which is easy to do
• type of hairstyle (was popular in the 1950's)
• dead; worthless; something useless; in trouble d ...
• something that is a dead duck has absolutely no chance of succeeding or surviving; an informal expression.