• system of religious rituals; extreme religious sect
• a cult is a religious group with special rituals, which is regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous.
• when a person, object, or activity becomes a cult, they become very popular or fashionable.
• hero of culture
• adherent of a system of worship or belief, member of a group devoted to a person idea or thing
• movie with a large following of devout fans
cult of personality
• government in which the leader is promoted as powerful and wise through aggressive propaganda campaigns (such as hanging portraits in public squares, schools, billboards, etc.)
freedom of cult
• freedom of religion, right to choose one's religion
• group of people who believe in particular spiritually significant symbols
• worship of a personality, excessive awe and adoration of a person (usually famous, i.e actor, politician, or spiritual leader)