• awareness of one's surroundings; cognition, ability to perceive
• your consciousness is your mind together with your thoughts, beliefs and attitudes.
• if you lose consciousness, you are unconscious rather than awake. if you have regained consciousness, you are awake again rather than unconscious.
• awareness of the differences between the classes (lower class, upper class, etc.)
level of consciousness
• position or standard of conscious awareness
• become unconscious
loss of consciousness
• loss of one's senses
• lost use of his senses
• become conscious again, return to consciousness
• return to consciousness, come to, become conscious again
• came out of a coma; was revived from a fainting spell, recovered from fainting
• act of being aware of one's actions, self awareness
stream of consciousness
• perception of thought as a series of conditions which flow with time (psychology); recording of a series of thoughts on paper without any chronological or syntactical order (literature)