• axis powers, military forces that fought against the allies during world war ii (japan, germany, italy, hungary, bulgaria, and romania)
• straight line around which an object turns
• an axis is an imaginary line through the middle of something.
• an axis of a graph is one of the two lines on which the scales of measurement are marked.
• axis is used to refer to the friendly relationship that exists between two countries.
• see also axes.
axis of advance
• route by which military forces move forward
axis of attack
• route by which military forces attack the enemy
axis of evacuation
• route of withdrawal or departure
axis of rotation
• straight line around which something turns
axis of supply
• route by which equipment and supplies are transported to an army
axis of symmetry
• imaginary line which divides a figure into two equal parts
• military forces that fought against the allies during world war ii (japan, germany, italy, hungary, bulgaria, and romania)
• central axis
• (military) route running parallel to the front by which troops are transported from one location to another
• route connecting friendly forces and enemy forces (runs perpendicular to the front)
• way that the oil flows, direction of oil flow
• main axis, chief axis