• in the united states, an attorney is a lawyer.
attorney client privilege
• legal right to preserve the confidentiality of conversations between a lawyer and client (one cannot legally be forced to reveal this information)
• head of the u.s. department of justice
• head legal officer of the government of a state or country
• a country's attorney general is its chief law officer who advises the monarch or the government.
• by means of attorney, by means of a delegate or envoy
• defense lawyer, defendant's lawyer (law)
deputy district attorney
• assistant to the head attorney for criminal prosecution
• prosecuting officer of a judicial district, attorney responsible for representing the state in the district courts
• a district attorney is a lawyer who prosecutes criminal cases for the state or federal government in the united states.
durable power of attorney
• authority to act in someone's name even in the event that they lose mental competence
gave him power of attorney
• gave him legal authority
general power of attorney
• document giving a person legal power to act for another
irrevocable power of attorney
• power of attorney which cannot be reversed
letter of attorney
• letter of authorization, power of attorney
limited power of attorney• permission to execute a ...