• allotment; apportionment; portion
• an allocation is a particular amount of something such as money that will be given to a particular person or used for a particular purpose.
• the allocation of something is the decision that it should be given to a particular person or saved for them.
allocation of debits and credits
• recording of the transactions in the account of a customer
allocation of profits
• distribution of profits
allocation of stocks
• apportioning stocks to employees or investors
• allocation of funds into different types of assets (i.e. stocks, fixed-income investments, real estate, etc.)
• distribution of assets to cover specific debts
• distribution made on prejudicial bases, act of preferring one group while neglecting or punishing another
• allocation of computer memory during the running of a program
• incorrect distribution
• distribution of jobs
pension fund allocation
• allotting of part of a salary to a retirement fund
• distribution of securities to specific factors
• fair distribution; correct distribution
resource allocation• allotment of computer resources (memory, computer time, etc.) to the different processes by t ...