• family name
• material remaining after something is burned; cinders, embers
• ash is the grey powder that is left after something is burnt.
• an ash is a tree. it produces small green flowers and winged seeds. the wood that is obtained from this tree is also called ash.
• bin that holds garbage up to the time it is collected, trash bin, ashcan; large cigarette ashtray
• grey, having a grey color
• (christianity) first day of lent (40 day period leading up to easter)
• rowan tree, eurasian tree that bears orange-red fruits that resemble berries