• metal strand, cord, line; string; barbed wire, wire fence; telegraph cable; telegram; telegraphic system; electronic listening device, wire-tapping device
• fasten with wire; attach a wire; send a telegram; install an electronic listening device, install a wire-tapping device
• made of a thin flexible cord of metal; resembling wire
• a wire is a long, thin piece of metal that is used to fasten things.
• a wire is also a thin piece of metal that carries electric current inside a piece of electrical equipment or through a building.
• a wire is also the same as a telegram; used in american english.
• if you wire a person, you send them a telegram; used in american english.
• see also barbed wire; wired; wiring.
• if you wire something up, you connect it to something else with electrical wires so that electricity can pass between them.
• communication system that is broadcast over a wire, telephone line
• instrument resembling scissors that is used to cut through wire
• gauge used to measure the diameter of wire; standard numbering system of measuring wire
• having coarse fur (about dogs)
• hanger made of wire on which clothes are hung; wire that supports or connects material
• looped wire fence, barbed wire fence, barbed wire
• a wire service is the same as a news agency; used in american english.
• nest of barbed wire placed in an area to prevent penetration on enemies (or thieves, etc.) wire ...