• something that is more unfavorable; more unfavorable situation
• more awfully; more gravely; to a greater extent
• worse is the comparative of bad.
• worse is also the comparative of badly.
• if someone who is ill gets worse, they become more ill.
• if someone or something is none the worse for something, they are not harmed by it.
• if something happens for the worse, the situation becomes more unpleasant or difficult.
• in a situation which is inferior to the original situation
• someone who is worse off has less money than before or less than someone else.
• to be worse off also means to be in a more unpleasant situation than before or than someone else.
• more bad than -, of a lower quality than -
worse than death
• more difficult, cannot be endured, torture
change for the worse
• deterioration, negative change
couldn't get any worse
• below any criticism, the pits, the dumps
for better or for worse
• through good times and bad times, "through thick and through thin"
from bad to worse
• from an unfavorable situation to one even worse
go from bad to worse
• fall from a bad condition into a situation which is much worse
going from bad to worse
• getting even worse, out of the frying pan into the fire
it could have been worse
• got out of it cheap
it got worse
• there was aggravation, it deteriorated, it declined, it degenerated ...