• large closed vehicle used for transporting goods or people; railroad car (british)
• a van is a vehicle like a large car or small lorry that is used for carrying goods.
van de graaff generator
• electrostatic generator, device which produces electrical discharges at high voltage
van der waals
• johannes diderik van der waals (1837-1923), dutch physicist, winner of the 1910 nobel prize in physics; family name
• jan van eyck (c1390-1441), flemish renaissance painter; hubert van eyck (1370-1426), flemish renaissance painter brother of jan van eyck; family name
• family name; vincent van gogh (1853-1890), dutch postimpressionist painter, creator of "starry night"
• (born 1945) northern irish singer and songwriter
• van which is used for business travel and deliveries
• truck used to transport goods
• the guard's van of a train is a small carriage in which the guard travels.
• (british) large van for moving furniture, moving van