• below, beneath; less than; controlled by; according to; in the process of; during the period of authority of
• if one thing is under another, it is directly below or beneath the other thing and may be covered or hidden by it.
• if something happens under particular circumstances or conditions, it happens when those circumstances or conditions exist.
• if something happens under a law or system, it happens because that law or system says that it must happen or that it is allowed to happen.
• if something happens under a particular person or government, it happens when that person or government is in power.
• if you study or work under a particular person, that person is your teacher or boss.
• if you do something under a name that is different to your usual one, you use the different name for that purpose.
• you use under to say what section of a list, book, or system of classification something is in.
• if something is under an amount or number, it is less than that amount or number.
• under- is used to form words that express the idea that there is not enough of something or that something has not been done or happened as much or as well as is needed.
under a cloud
• under suspicion, suspected
under a mask
• in disguise, with a different identity
under a spell
• under the influence magic, under sorcery
under a strain
• under pressure, stressed
• according to recommendations, according to notice
• under debate, under the recommendation of -
• too young, minor
under an obligation ...