• action of the person or thing that turns, rotating; place of a change in direction; act of shaping an object on a lathe; object which is shaped on a lathe
• a turning is a road leading away from another road.
turning a blind eye
• intentionally not paying attention, closing one's eyes to a situation, ignoring
turning a deaf ear
• refusing to listen, closing one's ears
• angle that turns towards the side
• becoming cooler, lowering in temperature
turning down his request
• refusing his request, rejecting his appeal
• becoming green, taking on a green color
turning in his grave
• rolling over in his grave (of a dead person who would be shocked if he knew something)
• swerving to the left, veering to the left
• tendency to produce turning motion
• rotation, spin
• inverting, flipping over; reversal
• changing pages, moving pages
• turning white, losing color
• stage where things change and begin again turni ...
• a turning point is a time at which an event or change occurs which greatly affects the future of a person or thing.