• republic of turkey, country in western asia and southeastern europe between the mediterranean sea and the black sea
• large domesticated bird, flesh of this bird used for food; failure, flop (slang); stupid person (slang)
• a turkey is a large bird that is kept on a farm for its meat.
• turkey is the meat of a turkey.
• the republic of turkey is a country in south-eastern europe and western asia. turkey was the centre of the ottoman empire until 1922, when the last sultan was deposed. the turkish republic was declared in 1923, with mustapha kemal atat?rk as its first president. turkey invaded and occupied northern cyprus in 1974. since the mid-1980s the outlawed pkk (kurdish workers' party) has conducted a guerilla campaign with the aim of creating an independent kurdish state. turkey is a member of the council of europe and nato, and applied for full membership of the european union in 1987. in 1993 s?leyman demirel became president and tansu ciller, of the true path party (dyp) became prime minister. tourism is an important industry, and turkey also produces textiles, food, and chrome. high inflation and large foreign debts are major economic problems.
• meat taken from the front of the chest of a turkey
• male turkey; boastful person, arrogant person
• slice of meat made from turkey
• cold turkey is the unpleasant physical reaction that people experience when they suddenly stop taking a drug that they are addicted to; an informal expression.
go cold turkey
• stop doing a habitual activity suddenly and completely (such as smoking) ...