• evergreen shrub of eastern asia; dried leaves of the tea plant; drink made from water filtered through tea leaves or other dried leaves; cup of tea; afternoon meal at which tea is served
• tea is a drink made with hot water and the chopped, dried leaves of a particular bush.
• tea is also the chopped, dried leaves that you use to make tea.
• other drinks made with hot water and leaves or flowers are also called tea.
• tea is also a light meal that is eaten in the afternoon, or in the early evening.
• if you say that something is not your cup of tea, you mean that you do not like it and would not choose to do it or have it.
• small porous bag that contains tea leaves to make tea
• a tea bag is a small paper bag with tea leaves in it which is put into hot water to make tea.
• a tea break is a short time, usually in the morning and the afternoon, when you stop working and have a cup of tea or coffee.
• a tea caddy is a small tin in which you keep tea.
• a tea chest is a large wooden box in which tea is packed when it is exported. some people use tea chests for putting things in when they move from one house to another.
• a tea cosy is a soft cover of cloth or wool which you put over a teapot to keep the tea hot.
• dansant, type of social event of drinking tea and dancing held in late afternoon, dance that takes place at teatime
• outdoor restaurant or garden where tea is served; tea plantation, plantation for growing tea
tea house• cafe or restaurant where tea ...