• male first name (form of edward or theodore)
• spread or scatter something about to allow it to dry (as with manure or newly mown grass)
• (born 1949) american television and film actor who starred in the tv series "cheers"
• (1930-1998) full name was edward james hughes, one of the most important english poets of the 20th century (became famous due to his tragic marriage with the poet sylvia plath)
• edward "ted" kennedy (born 1932), american politician, member of the u.s. senate from the democratic party, youngest brother of president john f. kennedy
• american businessman and entrepreneur, founder of the cnn news network