• water vapor; vapor, mist; energy (informal)
• expose to or treat with steam (especially in cooking); give off steam or vapor; rise in the form of steam; express anger, fume (informal)
• steam is the hot mist formed when water boils.
• steam vehicles and machines are powered by steam.
• if something steams, it gives off steam.
• if you steam food, you cook it in steam rather than in water.
• if you let off steam, you get rid of your energy or anger by behaving noisily or violently; an informal expression.
• if a project runs out of steam, it slowly stops working or being efficient, because the people involved feel discouraged or have lost interest; an informal expression.
• if you are steamed up about something, you are very annoyed about it; an informal expression.
• when glass steams up, it becomes covered with steam or mist.
• go forward at full throttle, go forward at full speed
• small steamship, boat driven by steam power
• device used to boil water into steam
• engine using pressurized steam to supply mechanical energy
• iron that gets out wrinkles by using steam
• a steam iron is an electric iron that produces steam from water that you put into it, which makes it easier to get the creases out of your clothes.
• grindstones that are operated by steam power, mill that is mechanically operated
• operated by the pressure of steam
• heated room filled with steam to cause sweating steam sh ...