• abnormal hardening of body tissue (medicine); hardening of plant tissues or cell walls (botany)
• sclerosis is a disease in which the tissue in a part of your body becomes abnormally hard; a medical term.
amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
• (medicine) als, lou gehrig's disease, incurable progressive disease of the motor nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord that causes their degeneration and muscle degeneration
• disease of the nervous system, ms (medicine)
• multiple sclerosis is a serious disease of the nervous system, which gradually makes a person weaker, and sometimes affects their sight or speech.