• compartment of space marked off by walls within a building; space, two- or three-dimensional area
• occupy a room, lodge, dwell
• a room is one of the separate sections in a building, which has its own walls, ceiling, floor, and door.
• if there is room for something, there is enough space for it.
• if there is room for a particular kind of behaviour, people are able to behave in that way.
• see also common room, consulting room, dining room, double room, drawing room, dressing room, ladies' room, leg room, living room, locker room, men's room, morning room, powder room, reading room, reception room, rest room, spare room, standing room.
room and board
• lodging including meals
room and to spare
• extra space, a lot of room
room at the top
• respectable place, honored position, fitting into the big league
• service offered by a hotel to have meals delivered directly to one's room
• room service is a service in a hotel by which meals or drinks are provided for guests in their rooms.
• average comfortable temperature inside a building where people live or work
• enough space, space that is big enough, sufficient room
• meeting room, conference hall
• room or place where an auction takes place
• hall where people are received and heard or interviewed
be confined to one's room
• be locked in one's quarters, be punished bed and b ...