• money paid for the use of property; rip, tear, laceration
• let, allow someone to use property in return for regular payments; hire, make regular payments for the use of someone else's property
• if you rent something, you regularly pay its owner a sum of money for using it.
• in american english, to rent something also means to allow it to be used in return for payment.
• the rent is the amount of money that you pay regularly for the use of a house, flat, or piece of land.
• if you rent out something such as a room or a car, you allow it to be used in return for payment.
rent a car
• car rental, business where a car can be rented for a specific period of time
rent a house
• pay at fixed intervals for the use of a house; give use of a house in return for fixed payments
• a rent book is a small book which is used to record the date and amount of rent paid by a tenant.
• rent-free accommodation is available for use without paying any rent.
• rental; list of rents, schedule of rents, list that indicates the amount that each tenant owes
• if people go on rent strike, they refuse to pay their rent, as a form of protest.
apartment for rent
• flat to hire, apartment for lease, empty apartment to let
• for leasing, for letting, available to be leased
• ground rent is rent which is paid by the owner of a flat or house to the owner of the land on which it is built.
rack rent• exc ...