• arranged in rays, arranged as spokes radiating from a central point
• radial is used to describe things that form the kind of pattern that you get when straight lines are drawn from the centre of a circle to a number of points round the edge.
• a radial is a tyre which is strengthened on the inside by cords that point towards the centre of the wheel. radials look softer and are less likely to skid than other tyres.
• tangential component
• adding from the rear side
• tires reinforced with steel cords