• shelf; frame or pole on which items are hung; trough for animal feed
• torment, torture
• a rack is a piece of equipment, usually with bars, hooks, or pegs, used for holding things or hanging things on.
• if someone is racked by something, it causes them great suffering or pain; a literary use.
• to rack your brains: see brain.
rack and ruin
• ruins, debris; complete destruction
• (offensive australian slang) go away!, get out of here!, get lost!
rack one's brains
• think really hard, try very hard to remember something
• run of the house, full price that a hotel charges for a room prior to giving any discount
• excessively high rent
• collect, gather
rack up points
• collect points, gather points
• shelf of metal bars intended to hold suitcases (on top of a car, etc.)
• device for carrying bombs in an aircraft
on the rack
• suffering, tortured
• a roof-rack is a metal frame that is fixed on top of a car and used for carrying large objects.
• a shelf used for holding containers of spice
• a toast rack is an object that is designed to hold pieces of toast in an upright position and separate from each other ready for people to eat.
towel rack• pole on which ...