• nickname for a calculation methodology whereby the computer arranges information quickly and reacts in a short period of time; actual time which passes during some act or operation
• as something happens, at the same time as when it happens
• if you do something in real time, there is no noticeable delay between your action and its effect or consequences; a technical expression.
• real-time processing is a type of computer programming or data processing in which the information received is processed by the computer almost immediately; a technical expression, spelt real-time for themeaning here.
real time applications
• general term for applications which process information quickly and whose response time to input is measure in fractions of seconds
real time clock
• clock (inside a computer) that shows the current time by the time command in dos (continues running even when the computer is turned off), rtc
real time strategy games
• rts, genre of computer games in which players have a limited time to gather their resources and build up units or defences in order to conquer the enemy ("harvest, build, conquer")