• line, file (british); row; braid, plait
• stand in line; make a row, form a line (british)
• a queue is a line of people or vehicles that are waiting for something.
• if you say that there is a queue of people or organizations, you mean that they are all waiting for a particular opportunity.
• when people queue they stand in a line waiting for something.
• to queue up means the same as to queue.
head of the queue
• person who is first in line
jump the queue
• cut in line, push to the front of the line
jumped the queue
• was pressed or pushed one's way into the front of the line
• lengthy line
• place in the memory which stores messages which are transferred between applications
• consecutive list of files which were sent to background printing
• line of jobs waiting to be printed by a printer
quick moving queue
• line that advances rapidly
slow moving queue
• line that advances at a slow pace