• laying, placing
putting an end to
• ending something entirely, finishing something once and for all
• placing, laying down; suppression; writing, recording; humiliation; euthanasia; killing (animals)
• a putting green is a very small golf course on which the grass is kept short and on which there are no obstacles.
putting in a cast
• wrapping an injury in plaster so that it cannot move while healing
putting on shoes
• placing shoes on one's feet
• extinguishing; removing, taking out
putting to flight
• smuggling, transporting secretly or illegally
putting to shame
• embarrassing, scorning, causing disgrace to someone
• connecting, assembling, attaching, fastening
• you describe someone as off-putting when you find them rather unpleasant and do not want to know them better.