• defensive; guarding, preserving; designed to defend; of protection, pertaining to defense
• a protective object or action is intended to protect something or someone from harm.
• if someone is protective towards you, they show a strong desire to keep you safe.
• obstacle that is designed to provide protection; protective fence
• impermeable cloak worn by soldiers that protects them against chemical weapons
• thin layer which protects an object's surface (i.e. lacquer, etc.)
• coloration which serves as a defense
• colors on the bodies of animals which camouflage them from their enemies; colors used for camouflage
• imprisonment of a person for his protection
• tax imposed in order to protect local businesses
• security barrier, system of obstacles built to protect against intrusion by terrorists
• additional tax levied by the government on foreign imports in order to encourage the purchase of locally made products
• transaction performed by a person in order to protect himself against losses resulting from fluctuations in market prices (usually buying and selling options and future goods)