• convict, inmate, captive, one who is confined in a jail because of proven or alleged criminal activity
• a prisoner is a person who is kept in a prison as a punishment or because they have been captured by an enemy.
prisoner exchange deal
• agreement to swap prisoners
prisoner of war
• person captured by the enemy during a war
• a prisoner of war is a soldier who is captured by the enemy during a war and is kept as a prisoner until the end of the war.
prisoner of zion
• jew jailed in his native country for participating in zionist activities
prisoner on bail
• prisoner released from jail by placing a money bond which guarantees he will return to court
• training which attempts to bring prisoners to a place where they can become useful members of society
• freeing of a prisoner or prisoners
• one who has escaped from jail, one who has broken out of prison
• being taken captive, falling into enemy hands
• woman prison inmate
• escaped convict, runaway prisoner
• prisoner sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison
political prisoner• person who is imprisoned due to his ideas or beliefs
• a political prisoner is someone who has been imprisoned because they have expressed views which disagree with those of their gove ...