• proposition, basic assumption, presupposition, fundamental presumption
• assume, hypothesize, theorize, presume, postulate
• the premises of a business are all the buildings and land that it occupies.
• a premise is something that you suppose is true and therefore use as a basis for an idea; a formal use.
• if a theory is premised on an idea or belief, that idea or belief is assumed to be correct and has been used as the basis for the theory; a formal use.
under the premise
• influenced by the supposition