• petition or entreaty to god, application to god expressed in words or thoughts; one who prays, one who appeals to god
• prayer is the activity of praying to god.
• when people say their prayers, they pray.
• a prayer is the words that someone says when they pray.
• book containing liturgical prayers, devotional book
• a prayer book is a book which contains the prayers which are used in church or at home.
• tefillin for the head
prayer for rain
• request for rain made in the form of a prayer
• tallit, cloth worn by jewish men during morning prayers
• wheel inscribed with prayers that is used mainly by tibetan buddhists
• prayers said in the afternoon hours
• evening prayer recited daily by religious jews
• prayer during which one professes his transgressions and seeks forgiveness
• prayers which are recited in the evening
• prayer that is said before departing on a long or dangerous journey
leader in prayer
• one who begins prayer services for a congregation, one who announces which prayers will be said (or hymns sung, etc.)
led the prayer
• was the leader in a religious prayer service, guided others in prayer
lord's prayer• most important christian prayer which ...