• civil service unit devoted to maintaining law and order; constables, officers of the law
• keep watch, guard, supervise; patrol, maintain law and order
• the police are the official organization that is responsible for making sure that people obey the law, or the people who are members of this organization.
• to police a place means to preserve law and order in it by means of the police or the army.
• see also policing.
• institute where police trainees are instructed
police arrived on the scene
• police got to the location, police arrived at the place
police bomb disposal expert
• police officer that is an expert at disabling bombs and other explosives
• police forces, squads of police officers
• student in a police academy
• operation whereby the police run or drive after fugitives or someone fleeing the scene of a crime
• senior position on the police force
• a police constable is a policeman or policewoman of the lowest rank.
• court for misdemeanors, court that conducts trials for minor offenses
• police action against -
• investigator on the police force, detective who pursues additional evidence in criminal cases
• dog used by the police (for following scent trails, etc.) ...