• for each; by means of, via; through
• yearly, per 12-month period, each year
• a particular amount per annum means that amount each year.
• according to the number of people
• when you are talking about the distribution of money, land, or other resources, if you state an amount per capita, you are stating the average amount for each person in the country or area.
per capita income
• income per person
• percentage; hundredths
• you use per cent to talk about fractions. for example, if an amount is 10 per cent of a larger amount, it is equal to 10 hundredths of the larger amount. per cent is often written %.
per curiam opinion
• opinion of the majority of judges, ruling opinion
• (latin) by the day; per day
• calculated on a daily basis; daily; paid by the day
• amount of money given or paid to an employee to cover daily expenses; (in the cruise business) daily cost of a cruise to the traveler
• per person, for each person
• if a group of people have, give, or receive a particular amount of something per head, that is the average amount for each person.
• signing in the name of -, making a signature in place on behalf of another person
• (latin) by proxy; signing in the name of, making a signature in place on behalf of another person
per se• of itself, in itself
• per se is added after mentioning something, to say that you are considering only that ...