• writing tool containing lead
• write with a pencil
• a pencil is a thin wooden piece of wood with graphite down the centre which is used for writing or drawing.
• if you pencil something, you write it using a pencil.
• if an event or appointment is pencilled in, it has been agreed that it should take place, but it will have to be confirmed later.
• box or sack used for holding pens and pencils
• device that cuts the tip of the pencil until it reaches a sharp point
• abridge, edit by deletion or marking in order to shorten a written document; alter or correct a written document as with a blue pencil
• pencil of fine charcoal used in drawing
• dark-colored pencil used to enhance the line of the eyebrows
• special pencil which cannot be erased from a writing surface
• writing utensil that contains black lead to create marks on paper
• pencil with replaceable lead that can be extended mechanically (invented by tokuji hayakawa in 1915)
• (british) automatic pencil (lead is released by twisting an outer case)
• a propelling pencil is a type of pencil in which the lead can be moved down as it is needed by turning the top of the pencil.