• lever that is used to operate a device
• press on a pedal; ride a bicycle
• the pedals on a bicycle are the two parts that you push with your feet in order to make the bicycle move.
• when you pedal a bicycle, you push the pedals around with your feet to make it move.
• a pedal is also a lever that you press with your foot in order to control a car or machine.
• a pedal bin is a waste bin that has a lid controlled by a pedal.
• slim-cut pants which end mid-calf (popular during the 1950s and 1960s)
• mount a bicycle, get on a bicycle
• pedal backwards; change one's opinion; (boxing) pull back by quickly moving backward from opponent
• if you back-pedal, you say or do something different from what you originally said or intended to do.
• device for slowing or stopping a vehicle
• pedal in an auto which temporarily disengages the transmission while changing gears
• foot pedal on a piano that when pressed down with the foot raises the dampers and allows the strings to vibrate
• play down, minimize, reduce importance, make less important; use the soft pedal in playing piano to reduce the volume of music
• pedal on a piano that reduces musical tones
• if you soft-pedal, you deliberately reduce the amount of activity or pressure that you have been using to get something done.