• predatory (chiefly nocturnal) bird that has a large broad head with large eyes that face forward and are surrounded by a ring of feathers; owl-like pigeon; person who resembles an owl in manner or appearance (i.e wise, active at night, etc.)
• an owl is a bird with large eyes which hunts small animals at night.
• slang for trains that run in the nighttime
• type of owl which commonly frequents barns and preys on mice
• a barn owl is a type of owl with pale brown and white feathers and a heart-shaped face.
• extemely large owl with tufts on its heat that has a deep hoot
• (zoology) large owl with distinguished ear tufts
• owl that comes out after dark; person who works at night; person who likes to stay up late
• a night owl is someone who regularly stays up late at night, or who prefers to work at night; an informal expression.
• small owl that has ear tufts
• small owl of north america; any owl that emits screeching shout
• european owl with reddish brown plumage and round head with black eyes