• sharp-tasting edible bulb consisting of concentric fleshy layers (used much in cooking); any of various bulbous hollow-leaved plants which are cultivated for their sharp-tasting edible bulb
• an onion is a small round vegetable. it is white with a brown skin, and has a strong smell and taste.
• small pieces of onions, diced onions
onion crustless pie
• casserole made from onions that does not have a doughy covering
• savory custard pie containing onions
• soup made with an onion base
• onion cut into small pieces
• onion which has been cooked in a frying pan
• type of small vegetable, baby onion
• a spring onion is a small onion with long green leaves that is often eaten raw in salads.