• period of time between sunset and sunrise; darkness; end of the evening
• of the period of time between sunset and sunrise; of night; pertaining to the end of the evening
• the night is the part of each period of twenty-four hours when it is dark outside, especially the time when most people are sleeping.
• you also use night to refer to the period of time between the end of the afternoon and the time when you go to bed.
• if something happens day and night or night and day, it happens all the time without stopping.
• if you have an early night, you go to bed early. if you have a late night, you go to bed late.
night and day
• throughout the entire day and night, 24 hours a day
• person who runs a full schedule of nighttime activities
• defect which limits or impairs night vision
• airplane that carried special equipment for flying and releasing bombs at night
• area of land intended to hikers to sleep at night
• sleeping turban, small hat worn when going to sleep; small glass of wine that is drunk before going to sleep
• establishment of late night entertainment (offering food, drink, music, and dancing)
• earthworm, type of worm that burrows in soil
• curfew that is in force during the night hours
• gown worn to bed, nightshirt
night editor• editor who makes final re ...