• part of a body (of a man or animal) between the shoulders and the head; part of a garment that covers or surrounds the neck; cut of meat from the neck of an animal; long opening in the top of a bottle; insolence (slang)
• (slang) kiss and caress, "make out" (usually about teenagers); kill a bird for food preparation by chopping its head off at the neck; strangle
• pertaining to or located near one's neck; close
• your neck is the part of your body which joins your head to the rest of your body.
• the neck of a dress or shirt is the part which is round your neck or just below it.
• the neck of something such as a bottle or a musical instrument is the long narrow part at the top.
• if two competitors are neck and neck, they are level with each other and appear to have an equal chance of succeeding or winning.
• if you are up to your neck in problems, you are deeply involved in them.
• if someone is breathing down your neck, they are watching and checking everything you do very carefully; an informal expression.
• if you risk your neck, you do something very dangerous to achieve something or to help someone.
• if you stick your neck out, you do something that makes you likely to be criticized or harmed; an informal expression.
• someone or something that is from your neck of the woods is from the same part of the country as you are.
neck and crop
• completely and with force
neck and heels
• everything and quickly
neck and neck
• close together, side by side (in a race)
• thick bandage or rigid device worn on the neck to prevent movement (after an injury, etc.)
• collar, necklace, chain or jewelry worn around the neck ...