• relating to the north; situated in the north; coming from or proceeding toward the north
• northern means in or from the north of a region or country.
northern border settlement
• small residential area located on a northern border
• israeli military command responsible for military land operations in the north of the israel
• scandinavia, countries located in the north of the earth
• hemisphere north of the equator
• part of the united kingdom, region belonging to great britain
• northern ireland, also known as ulster, is part of the united kingdom. it was established in 1921 when ireland was divided, and consists of the six counties of antrim, armagh, down, fermanagh, londonderry, and tyrone. it is 14,153 square kilometres. northern ireland had a population of 1.6 million in 1991, of which approximately two-thirds were protestant and one-third were roman catholic. historically, most protestants were unionists, favouring the continuation of links with the united kingdom, while most catholics favoured a re-united ireland. since the 1960s conflict between catholics and protestants has been a source of civil disorder. the capital of northern ireland is belfast.
northern israeli border
• the good fence, border between israel and lebanon; upper galilee area
• colorful display of natural lights that can sometimes be seen at nighttime in northern regions, aurora borealis
northern mariana islands• group of volcanic and coral islands in the west ...