• not at all; not at any time; not ever; not in any way
• never means at no time in the past or future.
• never means not in any circumstances at all.
• never ever is an emphatic expression for `never'; an informal use.
• you use never with the simple past tense to mean `did not'; an informal use.
never a dull moment
• never boring, always something happening, never quiet
• never more, not ever again, at no other time
• never imagined, never thought it was possible
• without an end
• if something is never-ending, it lasts a very long time, and seems as if it will never end.
never ending story
• story without an end
• don't be afraid, don't feel frightened
never had a chance
• no possibility, never any hope
never look back
• don't regret anything; don't think about the past; don't look behind you
• it doesn't matter, it's not important, it's all right, it's nothing, do not worry
• never again, will never happen again
• (british) installment plan, hire purchase
• if you buy something on the never-never, you buy it by hire purchase or on credit; an old-fashioned, informal word, used showing disapproval.
never never land
• never-never land is an imaginary land where everything is nice and pleasant; an informal expression. never say d ...