• supervisor, device for regulating (esp. the transmission quality of radio and television broadcasts); screen, device that produces the visual display (computers); one who oversees; inspector; that which warns or cautions
• supervise, observe; follow up on, check up on; regulate the quality of radio or television broadcasts; keep track of, regulate
• if you monitor something, you regularly check its development or progress.
• a monitor is a machine used to check or record things.
• you can also refer to a person who checks that something is done correctly, or that it is fair, as a monitor.
christian science monitor
• major daily newspaper published in the united states
• color display, screen which can display color images
fixed frequency monitor
• monitor which only receives display signals in specific groups of frequencies
gray scale monitor
• screen which can on display shades of gray
• monitor which can only display shades of gray
• monitor which can display an image at many scanning frequencies
• screen which supports wide range of scanning frequencies
• monitor which receives input signals from each of the primary colors (red, green, blue) separately