• establishment with mechanical equipment for the manufacturing of a product; mechanical device that grinds; factory that processes grain, milling house; unit of monetary value equal to one thousandth of a us dollar; fight, boxing match (slang)
• grind, crush; manufacture a product in a mill; wander about in a group of people; fight (slang)
• a mill is a building where grain is crushed to make flour.
• a mill is also a factory used for making and processing materials such as steel, wool, or cotton.
• see also run-of-the-mill.
• when a crowd of people mill about or mill around, they move around in a disorganized way.
• pond of water used as an energy source to operate a mill
• wheel pushed by water that is used to propel a mill
be put through the mill
• be worn out from difficult exercises; endure difficult experiences, suffer
• coffee grinder
• a coffee mill is the same as a coffee grinder.
• grinding machine which is powered by electricity
• mill used for grinding grain into flour
• saloon, bar (slang)
go through the mill
• experience suffering or discipline necessary to bring a person to a certain degree of skill or knowledge or skill; undergo suffering that comes with a certain mental condition
john stuart mill
• (1806-1873) english philosopher and economist
• place where wood is cut into boards
paper mill ...